The Social Processes and Personality Group’s research is funded by prestigious grants from highly respected international organizations (e.g. European Research Council, Economic and Social Research Council, and the Polish National Science Centre).
With this research, we work to understanding who people are, and how this affects our interactions with others, on both an individual and a group-based level. Within this framework, our interests are diverse but include such topics as why some people believe in conspiracies, who would make your ideal romantic partner, when children learn to control their prejudices, and what we really mean by words like “straight” or “gay”. Our members work with activists and charities all over the world applying knowledge from social psychology to improve society.
- "I can't be racist!" - BBC Radio 4 Documentary. Social Psychologist Dr Keon West explores bias, unconscious and not, and the current trend in unconscious bias training.
- The Benefits of Nakedness - BBC World Service Documentary. Can being naked in public be good for you? Social Psychologist Dr Keon West explores the good and bad of shedding your clothes.
- 'Collective narcissism' explains at least some of President Trumps support - Washington Post Article. Dr Agnieszka Golec de Zvala uses social psychology to explain the American political process.
- How self-love got out of control - Guardian Article. Dr Agnieszka Golec de Zvala looks at social media, reality TV, and politics through the lens of social psychology.
- Across Jamaica's Gay Divide - BBC World Service Documentary. Social Psychologist Dr Keon West assesses the campaigns for and against gay rights in Jamaica.