This 10-week course will give students an introduction to the Chinese art of Ribbon dance and fan dance. This course is suitable for anyone with an interest in Chinese dance.
Chinese Ribbon Dance is derived from the Buddhist murals in the Dunhuang Grottoes on the Silk Road.
The long silk floats and flutters in the sky, showing the freedom and joy of the Flying God called Feitian.
The curriculum for this unique 10-week course was created by our resident dance teacher and graduate from the prestigious Beijing Dance Academy in China.
Let this unique dance from China fully awaken your body and help you to gain inner peace and freedom.
This course is aimed at beginners with little or no previous experience of learning Chinese ribbon dance.
Why Study this Course?
- Learn the basics of traditional Chinese ribbon dance
- Increase strength, flexibility and coordination
- Learn to use dance as a medium for achieving tranquility of mind
- Improve your personal health and fitness
Goldsmiths offers a 15% concession rate on short courses to Lewisham Local cardholders.
We are committed to providing reasonable teaching adjustments for students with disabilities that may impact on their learning experience.
If you require adjustments, please complete the relevant section on the booking form and also contact us at email@example.com so we can respond to your requests as soon as possible.
Please note that our short courses sell-out quickly, so early booking is advisable.
If you have any questions about this course please contact confucius (@gold.ac.uk).
For information on our upcoming short courses please sign up to our mailing list.
Richard Hoggart Building (RHB 253)
Yiyun Li is a professional dancer, experienced dance teacher and creative choreographer who has worked in Chongqing No.47 College as a specialised dance teacher and for 5 years at Chongqing Broadcasting and Television Station as a choreographer.
Yiyun obtained the Gold Award of a performer in a professional group and Silver Award in performance for her self-choreographed dance piece Taste of Sichuan in the Third Shaanxi Province Lotus Dance Contest. She was also awarded the honour of Excellent Choreographer in 2012.
Yiyun teaches on the departmental Outreach for Schools programme as well as our Asian Contemporary Dance and Chinese Folk Dance and Chinese Fan Dance short courses here at Goldsmiths Confucius Institute.
About the department
Goldsmiths Confucius Institute for Dance and Performance is an academic department of Goldsmiths, University of London. We specialise in Chinese language and culture as well being the first and currently, the only CI to specialise in dance, performance and the arts, and the proud winner of the Global Confucius Institute of the Year Award 2017.
- Undergraduate degree courses in Chinese language - BA (Hons) International Relations & ChineseBA (Hons) Sociology & Chinese
- Credit courses in Chinese language, Chinese history, Chinese arts and culture and Chinese philosophy (open to all Goldsmiths students)
- Evening and weekend short courses in Chinese language, Chinese dance, Chinese music and Chinese martial arts
- HSK examinations and training
- Outreach for Schools program