How to apply for Extenuating Circumstances through My Goldsmiths.
Primary page content
Read the Extenuating Circumstances guidance before applying.
You need to make only one application covering all assessments you think have been or might be affected by your circumstances, regardless of where the assessment is taking place.
Your application will be considered by your home department who will liaise with other departments where necessary.
- Log into your My Goldsmiths account using your private email address used when first applying to Goldsmiths
- Once logged in select ‘Request Extenuating Circumstances’ from the navigation menu on the right hand side
- Scroll down to the bottom and select the ‘Apply’ button
You will then see a list of your modules and assignments
Click on the drop down menu in the ‘Type’ column for the assignment you wish to request ECs for and select the outcome you’d like to requestPlease note that by selecting a ‘Type’ this is a request and ultimately your department will decide which outcome is most appropriate for the assessment and your circumstances.
- Scroll down and click ‘Continue’.
- If you have selected ‘Automatic deadline extension’ you will not be required to submit a supporting statement and will be taken to the next page where you can submit your request
For all other request types you will need to provide a supporting statement, please download the supporting statement template by clicking on the link on the following page, fill in the form and save the document.
To upload your supporting statement click on ‘Choose File'.
You can see the file has been attached when the file name appears.
- Click ‘Submit’
- The following page will confirm your EC submission(s) and the document you have uploaded