IB: 33 points overall with Three HL subjects at 655
3 years full-time
Goldsmiths' operating principles for 2022-23 have not yet been finalised but should changes be required to teaching in response to the Covid-19 pandemic, we will publish these as early as possible for prospective students wishing to start their programme in September 2022.
Economists study how markets function. Marketing is about how to operate in markets. The Goldsmiths BA Economics with Marketing will help you develop crucial skills in both disciplines.
Why study BA Economics with Marketing at Goldsmiths
- This unique course combines rigorous training in economic theory and applications with cutting-edge insights and techniques from marketing practice.
- Our economics teaching is pluralist and interdisciplinary, so you'll be able to understand which tools are useful when tackling different problems in the real world. Our marketing teaching uses perspectives from psychology, sociology and management to keep you at the frontier of marketing practice.
- You will learn in small groups and will be assigned a personal tutor during the three years of your undergraduate degree. Your tutor will meet regularly with you, follow your progress, and will be your first point of contact in our programme. See what our students say about the small-group teaching environment.
- Economics at Goldsmiths is ranked 3rd in London (20th across the UK) by The Guardian’s guide to the best UK universities (2021). London is the financial hub of the UK and you will have access to today’s best business leaders, economists, and policy practitioners. Find out what our students say about Economics programmes on our YouTube channel.
- This degree will give you great flexibility in today’s competitive labour market: you can work in traditional economics jobs and in a range of management and marketing jobs that are looking for this unique set of skills. For example, you will be uniquely positioned for marketing jobs with a quantitative angle.
- To prepare for your future career, we run a wide array of activities to enhance your skills, network and job opportunities. These include mentorship schemes, competitive placements, CV and interview workshops, announcements of job opportunities. We have a dedicated member of staff who supports and guides students with employability, preparing for job search and mentoring activities.
- Economics @ Goldsmiths graduates start careers in a wide range of jobs in consultancy, finance, data analysis, and government. Recent employers include Lloyds Bank, Deloitte, KPMG, CapGemini, Public Health England, Civil Service Fast Stream, Department for Transport. They also go on to postgraduate studies at top institutions in the UK and abroad. Institutions include Cambridge, LSE, New York University, King’s College London and Imperial College.
- Through the new Turing Scheme, you can spend half of your third year at a university in Europe. You'll attend modules, experience a different culture and academic environment, and you'll have the option of learning or improving a foreign language.
- You'll be part of the Institute of Management Studies, which is highly interdisciplinary and has academics researching not only in economics and marketing but also in management, business psychology, strategy, innovation and entrepreneurship. The Goldsmiths research community that you will come in contact with is in fact even larger and includes leading experts from Sociology, Psychology, Computing, Media Studies, History, Politics, Design and other departments teaching optional modules for our Economics degrees.
- A recent project is Economics: Past, Present and Future, a website produced by Economics at Goldsmiths and used across universities in the UK. On this website, students can find a series of interviews of celebrated economists such as Sheila Dow, Geoff Harcourt, Charles Goodhart, Tony Lawson, Julie Nelson and Ha-Joon Chang.
- We are proud to be associated with the Goldsmiths’ Library of Economic Literature, which is the main collection in economics literature in the Senate House Library. This is one of the most important libraries in the history of economics and business in the world. You can find more information here and its history is discussed here.
Contact the department
If you have specific questions about the degree, contact Dr Ivano Cardinale.