Student visa

If you are sixteen or over and want to study at higher education level, you’ll need to apply for a Student visa. From 5 October 2020, the Student route replaced the Student visa. The Student route falls under the UK's new points-based immigration system. Visas that have been issued through the student visa route are still valid.