Recognised as one of Develop’s 30 Under 30, he is deeply interested in using new media to bring innovation in Higher Education.
Alan Zucconi is the author of one of the most popular online educational blogs, which helped thousands of developers all over the world to ship their games. Following its success, he published one of the leading textbooks in the field of Shader Coding for Unity.
The most recent commercial title he has worked on is Pikuniku (Nintendo Switch, published by Devolver Digital).
Alan Zucconi is also a Video Game STEM Ambassador, with a strong focus on intersectional feminism and the support of underrepresented groups in the game industry.
- MRes, Advanced Computing, Imperial College London 2012
- BSc, Computer Science, University of Pisa 2011
Teaching and Supervision
- Course Leader: MA Computer Games: Art & Design
- Course Leader: MSc Computer Games Programming
- Introduction to Programming for Games
- Advanced Programming for Games
- Game AI Programming: 3rd Year Course, BSc Games Programming
- Games Development Group Project: 2nd Year Course, BSc Games Programming
Further profile content
This Giant Beast That is the Global Economy
An Amazon Prime documentary about deepfakes, and the impact they might have on the world.
BBC Real Story: How dangerous are deepfakes?
An interview about the risks of deepfakes.
Conway's Game of Life
A short documentary which celebrates the 50th anniversary since the first publication of Conway's "Game of Life" on Scientific American.
The "AI" of Creatures
A short documentary about the 1996 game that pioneered Artificial Intelligence and Artificial Life.