Primary page content
ValueFull fee waiver
Number availableUp to 3
Year of entry2021
The selection process will favour those who will pursue careers in chaplaincy, mosque-based work, social work, community work, and counselling.
Applicants should meet all the following requirements:
- To apply for this award, you must have applied to a taught master's programme at Goldsmiths.
- Applicants must be UK citizens, eligible for Home fee status.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Active engagement in British Muslim Communities
- A long term commitment to community / societal development
- That they come from a low-income background and require financial assistance to undertake Masters study
How to apply
1. Apply to Goldsmiths for a Course of Study
Complete the application process for your chosen course of study. This will usually require an interview and the submission of a statement with your application to Goldsmiths – this statement should address why you should be accepted onto your chosen course, and particularly your academic suitability for the course. The decision-making process for admission to a course of study at Goldsmiths will be independent of the scholarship application.
2. Apply to Goldsmiths for an Aziz Foundation Scholarship
This is a separate application to the above and requires you to additionally submit:
- A short covering letter setting out which course you are intending to apply for;
- A statement of no more than 1,000 words setting out why you are applying for this course, how you meet the criteria above, and how you hope to use this scholarship opportunity for your future work;
- A tailored CV detailing your qualifications and work history (no longer than 2 pages).
Your scholarship application should be sent to Shoshana Jackson, Scholarships Coordinator, Goldsmiths, University of London via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You MUST put your student reference number (found on your application in MyGoldsmiths) and 'Aziz Foundation Scholarship' in the subject line of your email.
3. Attend the Aziz Foundation Scholarship Interview
If called, please attend the interview with Goldsmiths and the Aziz Foundation. Reasonable travel expenses can be reimbursed on production of receipts.
- Applications for the Scholarship are made to the Aziz Foundation, who will shortlist, interview and make offers according to the criteria above.
- The awarding of a scholarship does not imply that the applicant has been made an offer of study. Goldsmiths' usual application, admissions and selection processes will apply.
- An offer of study by Goldsmiths does not imply that this includes the Scholarship award. Applications for the scholarship must be made separately as outlined above.
* Discontinuation of study will normally result in the ending of the Scholarship. In cases where the student suspends study, the scholarship may only resume with the approval of the Aziz Foundation.
Goldsmiths scholarships and bursaries regulations can be found here.