Primary page content
Value£1,000 for each year of study on your undergraduate programme at Goldsmiths.
Year of entry2022 entry
You must meet the general eligibility criteria and regulations. You must also:
- Have been in care or kinship care in the UK at some point in their life, be estranged from their parents or legal guardians or be an unaccompanied asylum seeking child.
- Be eligible for Home fees
- Be holding an offer of undergraduate (or non-salaried PGCE) study from Goldsmiths.
Applications open on 24 February 2022.
How to apply
To allow us to check your eligibility for the bursary, please complete this simple information form. If you have any questions or unsure about anything please contact the Scholarships Team at scholarships (@gold.ac.uk)
You will then automatically be awarded the bursary. The award will be paid after you have enrolled on your programme.
Payments will normally be made via the Higher Education Bursaries and Scholarships Scheme (HEBSS). You may need to provide bank details in order for the payment to be received.
Goldsmiths scholarships and bursaries regulations can be found here.
The University of London will provide a standard single study bedroom at Nutford House or an en-suite room at College Hall, for one calendar year commencing the start of the 2022/23 academic year, for up to ten full-time students, registered at one of the Member Institutions, including Goldsmiths.
All applications will be reviewed by a panel, who will award the scholarship to a maximum of three eligible students. In order to apply, please email residential.life@(london.ac.uk) with the following:
- Proof of care leaver or estranged status (from your member institution, local authority, social worker or GP)
- A statement (750 – 1000 words) outlining why you wish to apply for the scholarship and how you feel you would benefit from the award
- Details of the course that you are studying/intend to study in the 2022/23 academic year
The deadline for all submissions is Wednesday 27 July 2022 at 12pm (BST). Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
We anticipate that demand for these scholarships will outweigh what is currently available to offer. Please note therefore that all decisions made by the panel will be final and with regret, not open to feedback or appeal.