Primary page content
ValueChevening Scholarships are the UK government's global scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and partner organisations. This scholarship programme makes awards to talented individuals who demonstrate the potential to become future leaders, decision makers and opinion formers across a wide range of fields, including politics, government, media, civil society, religion and academia. Goldsmiths welcomes many Chevening scholars each year from a wide range of countries including China, Egypt, Hong Kong, Jordan, Mauritius, Pakistan, South Korea and Turkey. Students are studying on courses related to Media and Communications, Digital Media, Filmmaking, Cultural Studies, Gender and Culture, International Studies and many others.
Year of entry2021 entry
To qualify for a Chevening Scholarship, you must:
- Demonstrate that you have achieved a minimum English language requirement
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country at the time of applying for the award, and intend to return there at the end of the period of study
- Hold a degree that is equivalent to at least a good UK second-class honours degree
- Have completed at least two years' work or equivalent experience
Chevening Scholarships are for high-calibre graduates with the personal, intellectual and interpersonal qualities necessary for leadership. You will therefore need to demonstrate that you:
- Have the personal, intellectual and interpersonal qualities necessary for leadership in your home country
- Are motivated to develop your career in order to establish a position of leadership in your own country within ten years of your scholarship
- Have a clear post-scholarship plan, outlining your career objectives and how you plan to achieve them
- Are committed to networking to find global solutions
- Are committed to networking within the Chevening community, via online engagement and attending Chevening events in the UK and engaging with the alumni network in your home country
- Are able to use your studies and experience in the UK to benefit yourself, your country and the UK
- Are capable of successfully undertaking and completing your proYou apply via the Chevening Scholarship website, where you’ll also find full application guidance.posed course of study in the UK
How to apply
You apply via the Chevening Scholarship website, where you’ll also find full application guidance.
Goldsmiths scholarships and bursaries regulations can be found here.