Primary page content
ValueThe cost of an annual travelcard covering travel from your home to Goldsmiths.
Number availableUp to 10
Year of entry2021 entry
You must meet the general eligibility criteria and regulations. You must also:
- Live in one of the following London boroughs:
- Tower Hamlets
- Have a household income of under £25,000 per year (as evidenced by your application to the Student Loans Company)
- Be eligible for Home fees
- Be holding an offer of study on an undergraduate degree from Goldsmiths
Applications open 24 February 2021. The deadline for applications is 14 May 2021, 12.00pm BST.
How to apply
When applications open you can apply by registering for a MyGoldsmiths online account. Prior to applications opening you will be sent a Personal Identification Number (PIN) and full instructions for setting up your account.
Once you've set up an account you can complete and submit a scholarship/bursary application online. Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your web browser when submitting your application.
To complete your application, you'll need the following:
- Academic reference
- Evidence to verify your residency in the London Borough of Lewisham, Lambeth, Southwark, Greenwich, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Bromley, Newham or Croydon for a minimum of three years prior to application. Evidence is required for each year, ie 2018-19 2019-20 and 2020-21. If you do not produce proof of residency at the time your application is submitted your application will not be processed. We'll accept a variety of documents including the following:
- Council tax invoice statement for the last three years
- Letter from your local borough or housing officer from the last three years
- Rent/mortgage statement for the last three years
- Letter/statement from your bank or utility provider including the opening date of your account with them
- (Please note that you are able to submit documents that belong to the homeowner to prove your residency)
If you require a PIN to create your MyGoldsmiths account and wish to apply for the scholarship, please email scholarships (@gold.ac.uk) no later than Wednesday 13 May 2020. Unfortunately, we can't accept any PIN requests after this time, so don't delay!
Successful applicants will be selected on a competitive basis.
Initial shortlisting by eligibility criteria will be completed by our Scholarships Co-ordinator. All applicants who meet the eligibility criteria are then forwarded to the next selection stage.
Applications will then be considered by an awarding panel. All panel members understand that applicants will have a broad range of differing skills, attributes and experiences, so they will give equal consideration to both the applicant’s academic record and their answers to the questions posed in the award application form. Panel members also understand that what is important is the content of the answers and their relevance to the questions, not the standard of writing.
The panel will consist of representatives from Admissions, Widening Participation, and an academic department. The panel will assess the applications against the stated criteria.
Final award recipients and reserve candidates will be decided by the panel.
Oyster cards with the travelcard pre-loaded will be distributed to recipients at the beginning of the second term of their programme.
Goldsmiths scholarships and bursaries regulations can be found here.