This programme will equip you with the fundamental business and social enterprise knowledge and skills needed to manage innovative product and brand or policy development, service delivery, and integration of emerging technologies in fast-paced industries.
Studying with us will allow you to participate in a lively guest lecturing schedule. In past years, senior leadership from the following organisations have come to discuss innovation challenges and opportunities with students on this programme:
- Technologists like Microsoft, Tesla, and Apple
- Consultancies, and think tanks like PwC, Ogilvy, and Accenture
- Media organisations like Monocle, the Financial Times, or The Economist
- Movements like the Bitcoin and Black Lives Matter
- These practical skills will equip you to lead and deliver the twin ambitions of transformation and sustainability driving the global economy. Our programme focuses on the means of generating economic impact through gains in revenue, competitiveness, productivity, project management, and profitability alongside the means of generating social impact through inclusivity, diversity, social mobility and equality.
- The management of innovation is a critical element in ensuring countries, organisations, and individuals encourage speed to impact decision-making, enhanced digital skills and strategies for future-readiness. The focus has shifted from serving and valuing shareholders to serving and valuing stakeholders – customers, workforces, investors, regulators, anyone else impacted by your product, service, or brand.
- Recent speakers in our Innovation Case Studies series have also included fashion designer Sir Paul Smith, 'city superwoman' Nicola Horlick, Xynteo CEO Osvald Bjelland, Microsoft UK CEO Clare Barclay, and Edelman EMEA CEO Ed Williams.
- Goldsmiths has a long history of demonstrating innovation and our students have the unique opportunity to develop interdisciplinary practical and theoretical management skills in a bustling creative and entrepreneurial environment. Past Goldsmiths graduates have received Academy Awards, Baftas, Golden Globes (Steve McQueen, 12 Years a Slave), the Mercury Prize (James Blake) and the Turner Prize (Laure Prouvost).
Contact the department
If you have specific questions about the degree, contact Chris Brauer.