This is the criteria that applicants must meet to apply for Global Opportunities widening participation funding
Primary page content
- You must be a UK domiciled student - must have been living in the UK for 3 years by the start of your undergraduate degree. If you are a postgraduate/PhD student, you must have been resident for at least three years not including any period of study)
You must also meet at least one of the following criteria: We will initially use the student record system to confirm eligibility but may follow up by email for more information.
- Household income below £25,000
- Mature student on an undergraduate programme over the age of 21 at the start of their undergraduate degree
- Be currently resident and a resident for 3 years prior to enrolment in Lewisham or in a low participation postcode area (Young participation quintile 1 or 2 in the POLAR4 classification). You can search to see whether your postcode is eligible using at officeforstudents.org.uk
- Accessed Higher Education via an access course or integrated degree.
- Care Leaver (someone who has been in the Care of your Local Authority for an period of 13 weeks or more, spanning your 16th birthday)
- Student parent or carer
- Student with a learning difficulty, health problem or disability in receipt of Disabled Students’ Allowance
- Student identifying as Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic
- Student from Gypsy, Roma and Traveller Communities
- Student who is the first generation in their family to attend university