We are grateful to Sir John Cass’s Foundation and a donor who wishes to remain anonymous for their generous funding of these awards.
Primary page content
Number availableUp to 10
Year of entry2021 entry
You must meet the general eligibility criteria and regulations. You must also:
- Be eligible for Home fees and holding an offer of undergraduate study from Goldsmiths.
- Have one of the following categories of ethnicity:
- Black / African / Caribbean / Black British
- Any other Black / African / Caribbean background
- Any other Mixed / Multiple ethnic background
- Asian / Asian British
- Any other Asian background
- Mixed / Multiple ethnic groups
- White and Black Caribbean
- White and Black African
- White and Asian
- Other ethnic group
- Gypsy or Irish Traveller
- Have a household income of under £25,000 per year, which will be evidenced via your application to the Student Loans Company.
Priority will be given to applicants who demonstrate one or more of the following characteristics in their application:
- Have been resident in the borough of Lewisham for 3 years prior to application
- Live in a low-participation neighbourhood
- Eligible for Free School Meals / Pupil Premium
- Care Experienced, estranged or are an unaccompanied asylum-seeking child
- Disability affecting their study
- Attend a non-selective state school
- Come from a home where neither parent/carer has been to HE either in the UK or abroad
- Mature students (25 on the first day of their degree, taken as the first day of enrolment week)
Applications open February 24, and close May 14, 12.00pm BST.
You can apply by completing our application form.
Successful applicants will be selected on a competitive basis.
Initial shortlisting by eligibility criteria is completed by the Scholarships Co-ordinator, all applicants who meet the eligibility criteria are then forwarded to the next stage.
All applicants who meet the basic criteria for an award will have their application considered by an awarding panel. All panel members understand that applicants will have a broad range of differing skills, attributes and experiences. Panel members also understand that what is important is the content of the answers and their relevance to the question, not the standard of writing.
Final award recipients and reserve candidates will be decided by the panel.
The above conditions are in addition to the general regulations and criteria for all awards
Goldsmiths scholarships and bursaries regulations can be found here.