The Institute of Management Studies (IMS) will equip you with a sound understanding of the methods and skills necessary to conduct high-level research, using a wide range of approaches and techniques.
- Our research programme includes a broad training in behavioural and social science research methodologies, including the fundamentals of qualitative research and advanced level quantitative research.
- Supervision can be offered in any of the areas of departmental activity, as reflected in the research areas of our staff.
- You will attend and contribute to research seminars and, through the Institute of Management Studies, the Centre for Creative and Social Technologies, Department of Psychology, the Institute for Creative and Cultural Entrepreneurship and Goldsmiths-wide courses. You will also be encouraged to develop practical skills such as public speaking, poster preparation, scientific writing, and strategies for interacting with the media.
- You will meet regularly with your supervisor at every stage, and develop a structured approach to designing, executing, analysing and writing up your research.
- During your first year, you may take a range of taught modules including research design and analysis, advanced statistics, theoretical issues, project management, global leadership, organisational behaviour and health, workplace coaching and counselling, and training and development.
- Find out more about research degrees at Goldsmiths
Contact the department
If you have specific questions about the degree, contact Dr Ragupathy Venkatachalam.