2012 PhD Visual Cultures, Goldsmiths, University of London
2006 MA Contemporary Art Theory, Goldsmiths University of London
2003 BA Hons Fine Art Painting, Winchester School of Art, University of Southampton
I teach on the first year BA Modernities module and the thrid year BA module Autobiographies
2011 Life Itself Goldsmiths College, University of London. Funded by the Department of Visual Cultures
- October 2012 'Tending to Immunosuppression' Cosmopolitan Animals University of Kent, School of English. Institute of English Studies, London
- July 2012 'Treating (with) Autoimmunity II' 3rd International Derrida Today Conference, University of California, Irvine, USA
- March 2012 ‘Treating (with) Autoimmunity I’ Derrida Konferenz Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- October 2010 ‘The Autoimmune Death Drive: Freud, Derrida and the ethics of the biopolitical,’ Freud After Derrida, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada.
- July 2010 ‘Autoimmunity, Illness and the Ethics of the New,’ 2nd International Derrida Today Conference, Goodenough College, London
- May 2010 ‘Derrida, Autoimmunity and the Technical Animal’ Zoontotechnics (Animality/Technicity) Cardiff University, Wales
- November 2009 ‘Reading “No Apocalypse”' Interart Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
- July 2009 ‘The Futures of Autoimmunity’ Literature, Art and Culture in an Age of Global Risk Cardiff University, Wales
- October 2008 ‘The Inscription of an Autoimmune Body’ Writing in a Post Derridean Era Vaxjo University, Sweden
My research considers the role of representations of biology, illness and suffering in various visual, literary and scientific narratives. I am concerned with the question of the authorial voice, the relation of the self to its others - particularly non-human animals - and the problematics of responsibility.
Conference or Workshop Item