Here are just a few of the best places to eat, drink and have fun around Goldsmiths.
Primary page content
- A student favourite for a well-priced jacket potato, get to Goldsmiths Café
- Straight from the grill for Turkish delights at Meze Mangal
- Sitting opposite the Library, Chinwag offers breakfast and lunch menus in relaxed settings.
- A wide selection of beers matched by a tasty menu at the Fat Walrus
- An unrivalled beer garden at The Rose
- The music scene in New Cross is well established – make sure you visit the Amersham Arms
- Another student favourite that gets in a good crowd at the weekend, Marquis of Granby
Marquis of Granby
- Deptford Market Yard is full of treats like Jerk Yard
- One for the vegans and vegetarians, Isla Ray has a good selection
- A twee take on a cocktail bar, get sipping out of bone china at Little Nan’s Bar at Deptford Market Yard
- Straddling the border of Deptford and New Cross, The Royal Albert is a cosy pub promoting real ale and a decent menu to boot
- The Albany is a leading arts centre in south east London showcasing the vibrancy of the performing arts scene
- The hustle and bustle of Deptord High Street Market on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays shouldn’t be missed if you’re looking for a bargain!
Little Nan’s Bar
- For the best burger in town head down to Honest Burgers
- The Taiwanese food takeover has spread to Peckham – check out the steamed buns at Mr. Bao
- Retro-gaming and beer-drinking? What could possibly go wrong at Four Quarters?
- Copeland Park is Peckham’s hive of creativity – check out the Bussey Building for a night out