Here are just a few of the best places to eat, drink and have fun around Goldsmiths.
Primary page content
- No guessing what food gets served here, try lunch at Thailand
- A student favourite for a well-priced jacket potato, get to Goldsmiths Café
- Straight from the Grill for Turkish delights at Meze Mangal
- Sitting opposite the library, Chinwag and Birdie Num Nums offer breakfast and lunch menus in relaxed settings.
- Kickstart your day with a coffee from Out of the Brew
- A wide selection of beers matched by a tasty menu at the Fat Walrus
- An unrivalled beer garden at The Rose
- The music scene in New Cross is well established, try out the Amersham Arms
- The best of new cinema, from bankable blockbusters to left of centre arthouse, try out Curzon Goldsmiths
- Another student favourite that gets in a good crowd on the weekend, Marquis of Granby
- Deptford Market Yard is full of treats like Mama's Jerk
- A Vietnamese Banh Mi the order of the day at Panda Panda
- One for the vegans and vegetarians, The Full Nelson
- A twee take on a cocktail bar, get sipping out of bone china at Little Nan’s Bar at Deptford Market Yard.
- Straddling the border of Deptford and New Cross, The Royal Albert is a cosy pub promoting real ale and a decent menu to boot.
- Just a walk down New Cross Road is The Greenhouse, a relaxing space to enjoy a coffee.
- The Albany is a leading arts centre in Southeast London showcasing the vibrancy of the performing arts scene, try their website for event information.
- The hustle and bustle of Deptord High Street Market on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays shouldn't be missed if you're looking for a bargain!
- There's no lying about the best burger in town, get down to Honest Burgers.
- The Taiwanese food takeover has spread to Peckham, the steam buns at Mr. Bao are worth a punt.
- Retro-gaming and beer-drinking? What could possibly go wrong at The Four Quarters.
- Peckham since '03, Bar Story is a stalwart of Peckham's nightlife, also see Peckham Springs in the arches just next door.