Here are just a few of the best places to eat, drink and have fun around Goldsmiths.
- No guessing what food gets served here, try lunch at Thailand
- A student favourite for a well-priced jacket potato, get to Goldsmiths Café
- Straight from the Grill for Turkish delights at Meze Mangal
- Sitting opposite the library, Chinwag and Birdie Num Nums offer breakfast and lunch menus in relaxed settings.
Marquis of Granby
- The music scene in New Cross is well established, try out the Amersham Arms
- The best of new cinema, from bankable blockbusters to left of centre arthouse, try out Curzon Goldsmiths
- Another student favourite that gets in a good crowd on the weekend, Marquis of Granby
Little Nan's Bar
- The Albany is a leading arts centre in Southeast London showcasing the vibrancy of the performing arts scene, try their website for event information.
- The hustle and bustle of Deptord High Street Market on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays shouldn't be missed if you're looking for a bargain!
- There's no lying about the best burger in town, get down to Honest Burgers.
- The Taiwanese food takeover has spread to Peckham, the steam buns at Mr. Bao are worth a punt.
- Copeland Park is Peckham's hive of creativity, check the Bussey Building for a night out or the Nines for brunch.
- A pool hall may not seem like the place for dancing but Canavan's is a student favourite for a late-night disco.
More help for new students