Psychometric tests are used by some employers to assess your ability or understand how your personality may be a good fit with a role.
Primary page content
They are normally used by big organisations who receive large numbers of applications.
By knowing what to expect and practising on a regular basis you can improve your test performance. Below are some links of examples and practice tests – do as many of these as you can to familiarise yourself with the format.
Download our Psychometric tests helpsheet to get an overview of the most common tests and how to prepare for them.
- Practice tests
- Graduates First - you now you have the opportunity to take 70+ online assessments, including numerical reasoning tests, Situational Judgement tests (SJT), personality questionnaires, and game-based assessments along with Artificial intelligence based Video Interviews that are commonly used by employers for selection purposes and receive feedback on your performance
- Assessment Day - a variety of online Psychometric tests and exercises including numeracy tests, verbal reasoning tests and an e-tray exercise, also tips and advice
- Psychometric Success - try numerical, verbal, abstract, spatial, mechanical, data checking tests and more
- Business case studies try your hand at consulting-style case studies
- fintest - offers free sample tests designed specifically for those pursuing a position in the finance industry, including verbal reasoning, numerical reasoning, situational judgement, and more; includes employer-specific tests from the industry's biggest names such as PwC, Goldman Sachs, and HSBC, and also practice tests from widely used publishers in the industry, such as SHL, Korn Ferry, and Watson Glaser
- WikiJob.co.uk offers a range of free aptitude tests including Numerical Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning and many others. Search under “Free Aptitude Tests” on their website. They have a guide to the aptitude tests as well as sector guides, interview questions and articles covering key careers competencies
- 123test.com - offers free practice for inductive reasoning and deductive reasoning tests
- Practice Reasoning Tests - practice psychometric, aptitude and numerical reasoning tests. Affiliated with JobTestPrep
- Practice Apitude Tests - practice aptitude tests for job applicants and graduates, more can be found at www.practiceaptitudetests.com/top-aptitude-tests/
- 150 Test Packs for 2020 Graduate Schemes
- Download our quick links sheet for more examples