The Digital Media Suite is a facility for video and audio editing work for the beginner as well as the more experienced
The Digital Media Suite is on the second floor of the Library.
Mon-Fri 9am-10pm (except for when booked out by groups)
DMS staff are available to provide assistance to individuals Mon-Fri 9.30am-5pm.
Group bookings can be made by departments or course tutors to run sessions with students. Assistance can also be booked for groups.
Facilities and Services
- Video editing workstations
- Final Cut Pro and iMovie video editing systems with HD capability.
- Adobe CC Master Collection
- Digital video file conversion from one format (e.g. avi, flv, mov, mpeg, vob, etc.) to another.
- Audio recording in a soundproofed studio with Audio Technica microphones and MOTU interface
- Real-time digitisation of cassette, open-reel stereo tape, and vinyl records.
- Digital audio file conversion from one format (mp3, wav, dss, wma, aiff, etc.) to another.
- A4 and A3 flat-bed scanning
We offer short tutorials either individually or in small groups by appointment.
Please visit us in RB 202 or email dms (@gold.ac.uk) with any enquiries.