The Department of Anthropology offers a number of postgraduate funding opportunities.
Details of these funding options are available below:
In addition to the more widely known research funding schemes, there are a number of scholarship schemes that are particular to Anthropology or may be particularly suitable for specific anthropology based research proposals. See for further information.
Emslie Horniman Anthropological Scholarship Fund
British, Irish and Commonwealth nationals are eligible to apply for support for overseas fieldwork. Details are available from the Royal Anthropological Institute and the closing date is 31 March each year.
Find out more about the Emslie Horniman Anthropological Scholarship Fund.
Radcliffe-Brown Memorial Fund
Small grants (around £750) are available for students completing their theses, awarded twice a year. Details are advertised in Anthropology Today. Closing dates are end of April and end of November each year.
Find out more about the Radcliffe-Brown Memorial Fund.
Additional funding support possibilities outside of Goldsmiths
- Department for International Development (DFID)
- The Association of Commonwealth Universities
- Wenner-Gren Foundation (all Anthropology students are eligible to apply)
- British Federation of Women Graduates (women who have completed at least one year of postgraduate research can apply)
- IL Circolo Italian Cultural Association
- The British Academy
- The Jacobs Research Funds
- The Anglo Danish Society