Discover postgraduate funding opportunities in the Department of Anthropology
Primary page content
BAME fee waiver bursary for MRes Anthropology / MRes Visual Anthropology
A single fee waiver bursary is available for new students from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds ordinarily resident in the UK and who have applied for and been accepted on the / programmes starting in September 2021. The bursary is part of the department’s commitment to racial justice by creating a new pathway for emerging BME scholars.
External funding opportunities
There are a number of scholarship schemes for studying Anthropology that are available from external sources:
Emslie Horniman Anthropological Scholarship Fund
British, Irish and Commonwealth nationals are eligible to apply for support for overseas fieldwork.
Find out more about the Emslie Horniman Anthropological Scholarship Fund.
Radcliffe-Brown Memorial Fund
Small grants are available for students completing their theses, awarded twice a year.
Find out more about the Radcliffe-Brown Memorial Fund.
Other funding sources
- The Association of Commonwealth Universities
- Wenner-Gren Foundation (all Anthropology students are eligible to apply)
- British Federation of Women Graduates (women who have completed at least one year of postgraduate research can apply)
- IL Circolo Italian Cultural Association
- The British Academy
- The Jacobs Research Funds
- The Anglo Danish Society