Registering with the Disability Service

Students new to the Disability Service need to follow a process to register.

Primary page content

This includes providing evidence of your disability and meeting a Disability Adviser. Support arrangements, like extra time in exams, can only be put in place once this has happened.

Step 1: Provide evidence

The Disability Service is keen to ensure that all students are supported appropriately on their chosen course. In order to do so, you are required to provide relevant evidence about your disability.

Find out what kind of evidence is required and how to submit it.

Step 2: Make an appointment to see a Disability Adviser

Once you have provided evidence you can contact us to make an appointment.

Step 3: First appointment with a Disability Adviser

This typically involves:

  • Discussing the impact of your impairment or condition on your studies
  • Identifying barriers and obstacles
  • Agreeing the adjustments, equipment or support needed to overcome these barriers
  • Identifying funding you are eligible for and helping you to apply
  • Creating a Reasonable Adjustment Support Agreement (RASA) that sets out required adjustments and agreeing who it will be shared with at the university

With consent, Disability Advisers help to communicate your needs to other staff that need to know. This could include the academic department, Library, or Accommodation staff. This enables you to access adjustments, e.g. extended library loans and adjustments to assessments such as coursework.

Disability Advisers can also signpost you to other relevant support services at Goldsmiths and externally.