IB: 33 points overall with Three HL subjects at 655
3 years full-time
Study BSc in Marketing at Goldsmiths for a programme that combines multiple disciplines such as Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, and Management. You will be at the core of a new natural development, making this a special programme for anyone who wants to explore interdisciplinary links.
- The structure of the BSc in Marketing degree unites two forces: first, meeting the educational requirements of a Marketing and Business undergraduate degree, and second to integrate different disciplines to make this a unique offer.
- We have developed several research streams in the Institute of Management Studies and have investigated the areas of consumer behaviour, the psychology of marketing, web psychology, critical PR, branding, promotional culture and advertising.
What will you study
1. Marketing Fundamentals: These modules are aimed at providing you with the foundations of marketing theory and practice in areas such as product development, service design, promotion and advertising, brand management, and consumer behaviour.
2. Marketing in Practice: These modules are aimed at helping you to apply your marketing skills in practice, especially in the areas of strategic marketing, market research and digital marketing.
3. Economics and Management Foundations: These will introduce you to management theory and practice, organisational behaviour, and economics. Given the key role of marketing as a strategic function of an organisation, this BSc in Marketing aims to familiarise you with how a company works, and how marketing decisions are part of company strategy. Furthermore, marketing actions are closely linked to economic theories such as demand, supply, and pricing, and to legal constraints. For this reason, these modules aim to provide you with more contextual knowledge around the practice of marketing.
4. Social Sciences: Marketing research and practice are heavily informed by social sciences in general, especially by psychology, anthropology and sociology. Very often, marketing practitioners who succeed in the industry have backgrounds in one of these subjects. These are also disciplines in which Goldsmiths has a solid reputation and expertise.
- Because we want to provide you with all the support for your future career, you will be given the opportunity to apply for a limited number of placements that the College would source. These will occur at the end of your second year and would constitute a 15 credit option towards your degree. This will enhance your CV, bring theory and practical experience together, and help you develop industry contacts.
- Through the Erasmus programme, you can spend half of your second year in a university abroad. You can choose modules there and immerse yourself in a different culture and academic environment, with the option of learning or improving a foreign language.
Contact the department
If you have specific questions about the degree, contact the Admissions Tutor, Dr. Christian Eichert.