AHRC studentships in Design
Funding for up to 12 PhD studentships
Goldsmiths is one of the five institutions that make up the Design Star Consortium doctoral training centre.
The Consortium funds up to 12 PhD studentships per year. These studentships cover:
- Tuition fees each year of supervised study
- A tax-free maintenance grant
- Access to a research training support grant
- Financial support to attend specified events and placements, visits or training
How to apply
There's a two-stage process for applying for the studentships:
- Apply for a PhD place at Goldsmiths
Get in touch with staff to discuss your research area and proposed topic, and then submit an online application
- Apply for Design Star funding
You can do this by completing the Design Star application form and sending it to Alex Wilkie (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Department of Design (email@example.com), copying in the Design Departmental Administrator
Find out more about the application process on the Design Star website.
The closing date for applications has now passed.
The studentships are open to UK and EU applicants. You must hold a first or a very good upper second class undergraduate degree, and hold or be completing a Masters, or have relevant professional experience.
Find out more on the Design Star website.