Primary page content
Due to the ongoing situation around Covid-19 (coronavirus) in the UK, we have taken the decision not to run our annual Teachers and Advisers Conference in 2021.
We expect to return in 2022 and we look forward to seeing you there!
If you have any questions or ideas that you would like to see at the conference, please contact us through our online enquiry form.
You can find out information about previous events at the bottom of this page.
For information on previous events and to download information and programmes from previous years, please expand the sections below
Date: Friday 5 July 2019
Location: University of Greenwich, Dreadnought Building
We were proud to host the 2019 Teachers and Advisers Conference in partnership with the University of Greenwich.
Under the theme ‘Better Together’, we provided atendees a clearer and broader picture of Higher Education in the UK.
At this collaborative conference, speakers included:
- Louise Evans, Head of Advisor and Provider Experience, UCAS
- Rebecca Montacute, Sutton Trust
- The Gatsby benchmarks
- Improving student 'stickability'
- Understanding T-levels
- STEAM panel
The 2018 conference was held on Friday 6 July at Goldsmiths, University of London
- Shakira Martin, President of NUS
- Ben Rutter, The Student Loans Company
- James Durant, UCAS
- Dr. Michael Englard, Causeway Education and Eliza Kozman, Behavioural Insights Team (Cabinet Office)
- Eduardo Lees, Goldsmiths and Katie Allinson, Universities UK
- Lacara Barnes-Rowe, Goldsmiths Careers Service
Download the Goldsmiths Teachers and Advisers Conference 2017 flyer
This year our speakers included a keynote from our Warden- Patrick Loughrey, Ant Bagshaw - Deputy editor of WonkHE. Alan Jones – UCAS, Becky Gardner – Student Ambassador Co-ordinator at Goldsmiths and Michael Englard – HEAN. Throughout the day we also had interactive demonstrations from some of our academics to showcase why Goldsmiths considers itself a ‘Creative Powerhouse’.
The programme focused on how teachers and advisers provide support for young people in the midst of curriculum reforms and changes in the higher education landscape.
Speakers and workshop facilitators included:
- Mary Curnock Cook – Chief Executive, UCAS
- Dr. Michael Englard – Higher Education Access Network (HEAN)
- Cara Flanagan – Author & Psychologist
- June Eric-Udorie – Student Activist
- Rebecca Boyle-Suh – Founder of ARTIS
The conference focused on recent successes across the sector in relation to the efforts to enhance the complete student experience. From pre-entry advice and guidance to induction and careers support, via targeted funding and interventions - it gave an overview of success and opportunities in this key area of development for higher education advisers.
Quotes from conference delegates "The conference has been a very enjoyable day, the speakers were all very interesting and knowledgeable. Thank you very much" "Sessions emphasised on making individual right choices rather than sales" "Well organised and managed. Thank you for a great day"