Student Ambassadors are current Goldsmiths students who are paid by the University to engage with prospective students and offer a valuable insight into what it's like to study at Goldsmiths.
They can also help answer questions about Higher Education in general, and specific subject areas. They come from a range of different academic departments and study a diverse range of degrees.
All of the ambassadors undergo training including making effective presentations, mentoring, and working with young people. They are all DBS checked (enhanced).
If you would like to find out more, please contact Becky Gardner, Student Ambassador Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject specific support
We are able to recruit Student Ambassadors to offer support in subject areas that you feel your students would benefit from; whether this is in class, separate group/1-1 sessions, homework or revision sessions.
What you can expect from us:
- A trained, fully DBS checked student who can offer a valuable insight into specific subject areas and the transition from secondary school/college to university
- Payment of the Student Ambassador
- Communication and coordination regarding placement specifics
What we ask from you:
- Before placing an Ambassador we like to meet the member of staff leading on this to discuss details of the placement
- Planning and structure is key to having the greatest impact, so we would expect the placement to be well thought out
- Communication – we would like a bi-weekly update on the sessions and how the placement is progressing. If there are any issues with the placement, we would like you to contact us immediately so we can help try to resolve it
- Evaluation – we would appreciate it if you were able to participate in an evaluation of the placement when it comes to an end