You can scan documents and have them sent via email using our printers.
Primary page content
You can scan on campus in two ways:
- From the printers in the Library directly to your email
- From the scanners in the Digital Media Suite to our Library computers
Scan to email from a printer
Scanning to your emails is advisable when you have a lot of pages to scan and you do not need to edit the scanned images. You can scan to your email by:
- Going to one of the printers in the Library and scan your Goldsmiths ID card on the card reader. Please note that even if scanning is for free, you will need to have £0.13 credit in your card in order to use this function.
- On the touchscreen press Scan.
- Open the lid of the scanner at the top and place the document you need to scan face-down on the scanner surface, then close the lid.
- On the printer touch screen select Scan and Send, then New Destination and E-Mail.
- Type the email address you want to send the scanned document to, then press the large green button on the printer-scanner. The document should begin to scan.
- On the printer touchscreen, make any last-minute changes to the scan colour and page settings, then press Start Sending.
If you need to scan more than one page, put a new document face down on the scanner and press the large green button on the printer for each document. You can do this before step 6 if you want a single document to be sent to your email.
Please wait a few minutes to receive your scan, it will be in PDF format and it will be sent from the email address noreply(@gold.ac.uk).
Scan to computer
If you want to scan and edit a document, the best option is to use one of the scanners in the Digital Media Suite on the second floor of the Library.
You can use any scanner in this room and scan to one of the iMacs. Instructions vary depending on the model. If you need assistance, please enquire with us at the IT Service Desk.