Wellbeing support

Wellbeing Advisers are here to support all Goldsmiths students whose personal circumstances are affecting their wellbeing and/or their studies.

Primary page content

Wellbeing Advisers are specialist practitioners who offer mental health advice and support to students with personal, emotional or mental health issues.

How we can help

We can help with a range of issues including:

  • Academic pressure
  • Alcohol and/or drug use
  • Anxiety
  • Bullying
  • Domestic violence
  • Eating difficulties
  • Family and relationship issues
  • Harassment
  • Issues adjusting to student life
  • Loss and bereavement
  • Low mood, mood swings or depression
  • Low self-esteem
  • Panic attacks
  • Self-harm
  • Sexuality and/or gender issues
  • Sexual violence
  • Suicidal thoughts
  • Trauma

These may include:

  • How to register or make an appointment with a doctor or GP (General Practitioner)
  • Helping you to navigate NHS mental health services
  • Helping you develop a Staying Safe plan to prepare for times of crisis
  • Advice on university regulations and processes such as taking a break from study (interruption) and extenuating and mitigating circumstances

Wellbeing Advisers may also signpost or refer students to services within the university such as the Counselling Service, Disability Service, Student Centre, Campus Support Officers (CSOs) and many others.

How to access the Wellbeing Advisers

Please complete this form to access wellbeing support. We will get back to you within seven working days.

Appointments can be conducted via telephone or Microsoft Teams or face-to-face. 

Please visit our emergency, health and crisis support pages if you need support urgently.