Wellbeing Advisers are here to support all Goldsmiths students whose personal circumstances are affecting their wellbeing and/or their studies.
Primary page content
It is not an emergency service. If you require urgent help, see our emergency and crisis support page.
Wellbeing Advisers are specialist practitioners who offer mental health advice and support to students with personal, emotional or mental health issues.
How we can help
We can help with a range of issues, including:
- Academic pressure
- Alcohol and/or drug use
- Domestic violence
- Eating difficulties
- Family and relationship issues
- Issues adjusting to student life
- Loss and bereavement
- Low mood, mood swings or depression
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Safeguarding issues
- Sexuality and/or gender issues
- Sexual violence
- Suicidal thoughts
- Worries about another student’s wellbeing
We can offer advice and support, including:
- How to register or make an appointment with a doctor or GP (General Practitioner)
- Helping you to navigate NHS mental health services
- Helping you develop a Staying Safe plan to prepare for times of crisis
- Discussing self-help resources and strategies
Wellbeing Advisers may also signpost or refer students to services within the university such as the Counselling Service, Disability Service, School hubs, Campus Support Officers (CSOs) and external services.
How to access the Wellbeing Advisers
Please complete this form to access wellbeing support. We will get back to you within seven working days.
Appointments can be conducted via telephone or Microsoft Teams or face-to-face.
Please visit our emergency, health and crisis support pages if you need support urgently.
What you discuss in appointments is treated confidentially.
The exception to this is where there is significant welfare or safeguarding concerns.
In such situations, we would ideally share information with your consent, but in situations where immediate action is required (to save a life for example), we may notify emergency services such as the Police or Paramedics.