The Chaplaincy is both ecumenical and multi-faith.
A listening ear and a warm welcome
Chaplains are here for everybody regardless of whatever your beliefs and practices may or may not be. We welcome anyone who wants someone to talk to, or just be with, regardless of how small or big your issue or feelings may seem to you.
We are available by prior appointment, just email chaplaincy (@gold.ac.uk).
Our Religion and Belief Guide (PDF) is now available to view online or download.
Multi-Faith Chaplaincy team
The Chaplaincy Team is made up of full-time chaplains and local ministers who have a range of experience and expertise. In addition, there is a list of "Faith Advisors" who belong to a range of faith traditions. Faith Advisors are different to Chaplains in that their role is limited to providing information about resources and locations for their own particular faith traditions, and do not have any responsibility for general help and advice.
Activities and events
The Chaplaincy organises a range of activities and events during term-time including:
- Catholic Mass: email goldsmiths.catholicchaplaincy (@gmail.com) for details of this terms Masses.
- Meditation: check in the monthly Student Services News email, click the link on the right, or join the mailing list by emailing chaplaincy (@gold.ac.uk)
- Faith forum: meets twice a term to discuss faith in the university setting, email chaplaincy (@gold.ac.uk) to join the mailing list
- Free Lunch: Every Tuesday in term-time from 12.30 at the Catholic Chaplaincy (56 Amersham Road). It is open to everybody, regardless of faith. For those that are interested, there are speedy prayers at 1pm.
- Crafternoon: Every Thursday in term-time from 4.30pm in the Chaplaincy Centre at 31 Laurie Grove. Bring your own project or come and pick up something new. A chance just to chat and be crafty!
- Other occasional events
Other events are organised on a regular basis by various religious societies (see Regular events).
Multi-Fatih Chaplaincy events
The Multi-Faith Chaplaincy organises a range of activities and events including:
- Discussion Groups
- Regular events
Where is the Chaplaincy Centre?
The Chaplaincy Centre is situated on the ground floor of 31 Laurie Grove, opposite the Laurie Grove Baths. The Centre is open Monday to Friday in term time from 9 am - 5 pm. Tea and coffee are available free of charge. Anyone is welcome to drop in at any time for the chance to be in a quiet space. Entry for the door is via swipe access.
Multi-Faith Prayer Room
The Multi-Faith Prayer Room is available for everyone for quiet and prayer. It is located on the first floor of the Richard Hoggart Building (Room 2.106). Please respect the sensibilities of other users whose tradition may be very different to your own. It helps to be careful not to take offence as well as not to cause it. A polite request eg for a period of silence will usually be met with a friendly and co-operative response. At times the Prayer Room is used for services and collective acts of worship (see noticeboards for a timetable of regular bookings). While it may still be used for private prayer at the same time, you may prefer to make use of the Quiet Space at the Chaplaincy Centre. Any questions or concerns about the Multi-Faith Prayer Room should be directed to the Chaplaincy.