Our chaplains can provide information and signposts to other services to support your mental health and wellbeing and offer information about local faith communities.
Primary page content
Multi-Faith Chaplaincy facilities
- The multi-faith chaplaincy centre – A safe and inclusive social space located on the green behind the Ben Pimlott Building. Come through for free tea and coffee every day during the week. The centre will be open when the chaplains are on campus
- The multi-faith prayer room – You will find the multi-faith prayer room at RHB (Richard Hoggart Building) Rm 2.106. It has been adapted to cater for all faith traditions and has a male and female section when required, as well as separate wudu facilities.
- Confidential support – No need to book an appointment. Drop by the centre and just ask for one of our chaplains. If you would like to make a time to talk to one of our Chaplains, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to talk to us about anything, whether you simply need space to reflect with someone or are in a deeper place of struggle, experiencing bereavement, a change in circumstances or spiritual searching.
Our role fits into three main categories:
- Offering confidential pastoral care to everyone, regardless of religious belief or tradition
- Helping and encouraging everyone to find possibilities and space for reflection
- Supporting the religious societies and other religious groups at Goldsmiths
The best way to contact us is by email: chaplaincy (@gold.ac.uk).
Meet the team
Revd Ann Clarke
I'm Ann, the Anglican Chaplain (part-time) for the Diocese of Southwark. When I'm not on campus, I'm Mum to our two young daughters and I also support local parishes in the East Lewisham deanery on Sundays.
I'm Muhammad, the Muslim and Multi-Faith Chaplain. Beyond Goldsmiths, I'm an Imam and educator working to provide a compassionate faith-based pastoral care and education service at a community level.
Sr Anouska Robinson-Biggin fcJ
I am a Catholic religious sister (aka nun) (Faithful Companions of Jesus) and have worked at Goldsmiths as a voluntary Catholic Chaplain since 2013. I am the Senior Chaplain for Higher Education within the Archdiocese of Southwark.
I am a trained spiritual director and spend time each year directing retreats in the tradition of St Ignatius of Loyola. As a university chaplain, I am here for students and staff of all faiths and none, but have a desire to accompany/walk with Catholic students and staff in particular.
I completed my MA in Work-Based Learning (Chaplaincy) in July 2020, graduating (online) due to the pandemic in 2021.
I'm the Associate Chaplain, at the University of Goldsmiths I am a missionary from Hong Kong as well as a Chinese pastor at the local church (East London Alliance Church) in Deptford.
I work with Jewish students across London. I'm regularly in touch with the Jewish community here at Goldsmiths to support their events and social activities.