Loring Hall is located on campus in New Cross. The nearest train station is New Cross Gate.
Primary page content
Who lives here?
Undergraduate students. You can expect to live with students of different nationalities and from different degrees, but we’ll try and house you with people of a similar age.
Room types available
- En suite (Single occupancy bedroom with private bathroom and shared kitchen) – total cost for the period 16 September 2022 – 25 June 2023 – £7553.57
- En suite large (Single occupancy bedroom with private bathroom and shared kitchen) – total cost for the period 16 September 2022 – 25 June 2023 – £7755
- Our variable rates will be applied to Study Abroad, Turing and Erasmus students visiting for one or two terms
Loring Hall also has accessible rooms. Contact the Accommodation Office to find out more about these.
Pictures of Loring Hall
Take a 360 virtual tour of an en suite bedroom and communal kitchen inside Loring Hall.
- Shared kitchen includes cooker, freezer, kettle, microwave oven, iron and ironing board
- Bike storage
- Access to on-site launderette
- Courtyard garden
- All utility bills (ie electricity, water and gas)
- Basic possessions insurance
- Some car parking space is available for students with mobility issues
- Access to 24-hour security staff. They are based at Loring Hall but work across multiple sites.
During the 2022-23 academic year, essential internal maintenance repairs across the seven buildings which make up Loring Hall are due to take place.
The main works within each flat should take around 2–3 weeks, during which, some noise and disruption are to be expected.
Our priority is to minimise any disruption or inconvenience to students, and we will ensure residents are kept regularly updated as more information becomes available.
Loring Hall, St James, London SE14 6AH
This hall us managed by Goldsmiths and is signed up to The Student Accommodation Code developed by Universities UK and GuildHE.