Loring Hall is located on campus in New Cross. The nearest train station is New Cross Gate.
Who lives here?
Undergraduate students. You can expect to live with students of different nationalities and from different degrees, but we’ll try and house you with people of a similar age.
Room types available
- En suite (Single occupancy bedroom with private bathroom and shared kitchen) – total cost for the period 15 September 2023 - 23 June 2024 - £8,077.29
- En suite large (Single occupancy bedroom with private bathroom and shared kitchen) – total cost for the period 15 September 2023 – 23 June 2024 – £8,298.86
- Our variable rates will be applied to Study Abroad, Turing and Erasmus students visiting for one or two terms
Loring Hall also has accessible rooms. Contact the Accommodation Office to find out more about these.
Weekly rent (2023-24)
Rent in this hall ranges from £200.50 - £206.00 per week, depending on the type of room you choose.
Weekly rent (2022-23)
- Shared kitchen includes cooker, freezer, kettle, microwave oven, iron and ironing board
- Wifi (eduroam)
- Bike storage
- Access to on-site launderette
- Courtyard garden
- All utility bills (ie electricity, water and gas)
- Basic possessions insurance
- Some car parking space is available for students with mobility issues
- Access to 24-hour security staff. They are based at Loring Hall but work across multiple sites.
Pictures of Loring Hall
Take a look inside Loring Hall to get an idea of what life is like here.
What it's like here
Based on campus in New Cross, Loring Hall is for undergraduate students. This is a purpose-built residence made up of 55 self-contained flats spread over seven blocks.
Loring Hall, St James, London SE14 6AH
During the 2022-23 and 2023-24 academic years, essential internal maintenance repairs across the seven buildings which make up Loring Hall are due to take place.
The main works within each flat should take around 2–3 weeks, during which, some noise and disruption are to be expected.
Our priority is to minimise any disruption or inconvenience to students, and we will ensure residents are kept regularly updated as more information becomes available.