From November 2018 - May 2021 Jonathan is Project Dramaturg on both Trasna Na Line, an EU Creative Europe funded project and Ogmius, an EU Erasmus+ funded project: for the Crossing The Line partnership.
November 2014 - March 2017 Jonathan was Project Dramaturg on Crossing The Line - an EU CE funded collaboration with: Mind The Gap in Bradford, UK. Moomsteatern in Malmo, Sweden and Compagnie de l’Oisesau Mouche in Roubaix, France: three of the world's leading companies making theatre with professional, learning disabled theatre makers.
Jonathan is director/ curator of The Fence, which he set up in 2003 - an international network of playwrights and cultural operators, now based in Stockholm. Over 250 members across 50 countries it has met 27 times - most recently in Cairo in March 2018, in Atlanta in October 2019.
He put together the Janus project (developed out of the Fence), which with EU Culture funding and British Council support translated 16 new plays from across Europe and presented them as staged readings at Festivals in Tampere, Finland; Graz, Austria and Leeds, UK.
He was Director of writernet, a UK based organisation. Over 15 years he created regional, national and international networks, delivered a wide range of targeted playwright development programmes, co-produced new plays, wrote and published a range of guides, reports and articles on many aspects of the broader theatre writing ecology.
• Visiting Fellow at the Department of Film, Theatre & Television, University of Reading (2017-2020)
• External Assessor for the MA in Scriptwriting, University of East Anglia (2002-2017)
• External Examiner for the BA Drama and Scriptwriting - University of Northumbria (2014-2018)
• Expert Advisor and ex-Trustee at Ambitious About Autism, the national charity for autism education
• Chair of Vital Xposure; previously Vice Chair of ATC and the Playwrights Studio Scotland
• Artistic Associate at Az Theatre
• Fellow of the Royal Society for the Arts