Alternative types of application

Primary page content


Some of our degrees will have Clearing places available. Keep an eye on our Clearing pages to find out more about the courses on offer.

Part-time students

If you want to study part-time then you won't apply through UCAS. You apply direct to Goldsmiths. Simply click the 'Apply now' button on the relevant programme page. We'll be considering part-time applications up to 31 July.

Exchange students

If your university has an official exchange agreement with Goldsmiths, you can apply through your home university as an exchange student. For details on courses available to exchange students, click here.

Study Abroad

You can apply to study abroad at Goldsmiths for a single term, or for the full year. Your home university doesn't need to have an agreement with us. Find out more or contact (studyabroad)

Deferred entry

If you're considering applying for deferred entry, please contact the Admissions Office at Most departments recognise the value of a gap year between school and university, but some are not able to accept these applications because of the demand for their degrees.


If you’ve started at another university and not enjoyed the experience, we still may be able to fit you in at Goldsmiths. Find out more about the process of transferring to study with us.

Mature students

We welcome applications from older students and have a thriving mature student community. We even have scholarships to help with the costs of studying for those over 21. If you have any questions about returning to studying, please contact our Admissions team at or take a look at our Mature Students Guide.

Edwin talks about his experience as a mature student.