Primary page content
2. Groups of Academic Departments and Schools
This Ordinance came into force on 1 September 2014. Paragraph 2.2 has been amended to reflect the renaming of Individuals, Systems and Organisations to Professional Studies, Science and Technology in November 2014 and has been amended in September 2021 to include reference to Schools.
Each academic Department shall be assigned to a School for the purpose of ensuring a balanced representation of the College's subject range on designated committees.
In assigning management responsibilities for academic Departments the Warden shall normally take account of the Schools set out in this Ordinance.
The Schools shall be as follows:
Arts and Humanities
- English and Creative Writing
- Theatre and Performance
Professional Studies, Science and Technology
- Educational Studies
- Institute for Creative and Cultural Entrepreneurship
- Institute of Management Studies
- Social, Therapeutic and Community Studies
Culture and Society
- Media, Communications and Cultural Studies
- Politics and International Relations
- Visual Cultures
The committees to which group representation shall apply shall be determined by Academic Board and/or Council, as appropriate to their respective positions in the committee system, and published in the same way as other aspects of committee composition.