Four years, with two years spent at each institution
The Department of Law at Goldsmiths is collaborating with St John’s University, New York to deliver a newly designed degree for those interested in exploring law in different contexts internationally. Learn across two premier institutions in London and New York.
Why study the joint AS Legal Studies and LLB Law (pathways):
- You’ll graduate with two degrees – an AS Legal Studies from St John’s University and one of our LLB Law pathways at Goldsmiths (see below for pathway details). This will help you stand out in a crowded job market.
- With the support of our dedicated Careers Service, leading faculty and an international alumni network, you’ll graduate with expertise and professional connections as you take the first steps into your legal career.
- You’ll gain academic experience spanning two continents, in two of the world’s leading legal cities.
- At Goldsmiths, University of London, you’ll find heritage alongside innovation. We’re constantly exploring, questioning and reshaping the world.
- At Goldsmiths, you’ll study at one of the highest-rated law courses in the country. Our students rated our Law department as number 1 in the UK for its intellectually stimulating curriculum and programme management. We’re also the best Law department in London for our quality of teaching (National Student Survey 2022).
- You'll learn from world-leading minds who've been involved in some of culture and society's defining moments, and from practitioners who have direct connections with the creative, cultural and business sectors.
- Our single-site campus is located 10 minutes from London Bridge, and you’ll have all that London has to offer on your doorstep.
- At St John’s University, you’ll benefit from an inclusive, accepting, and welcoming community that reflects the diversity of Queens, New York.
Once you have successfully completed the AS Legal Studies at St John’s University, you’ll be eligible to apply for direct entry into the 2nd year of one of the following programmes:
Please note that admissions to this programme are only open to students who have completed the AS Legal Studies at St John’s University. If you’re interested in studying Law at Goldsmiths, then please explore our degrees.
To find out more about our admission process, please view our ‘How to apply’ information below.
We have lots of advice and support available for international students, from student housing to scholarships, you’ll find all the information you need about studying and living in London.
Contact the department
If you have specific questions about the degree, contact the Department of Law.