As a Goldsmiths student you have access to a whole range of discounts, deals and freebies.
Primary page content
These aren’t just limited to term-time and can be used all-year-round. Here are some of the best discount cards, services and companies you should take a look at before parting with your cash.
Student discount cards/websites
There are plenty of shops and services that offer a student discount if you’ve registered with a student discount scheme. Below are some of the best ones to sign up to so you can access offers for food and drink, fashion, tech, health, entertainment and more:
- Student Beans – free to sign up and use
- UNiDAYS – free to sign up and use
- TOTUM – £14.99 a year or £34.99 for 3 years
- ISIC (International Student Identification Card) – access to discounts around the world for £12 a year
As a student you can benefit from reduced travel fares. These are some of the best ones to sign up to for travel within London and the UK:
- 16-25 Railcard – 1/3 off rail travel within the UK
- 26-30 Railcard – 1/3 off rail travel within the UK
- National Express Young Persons Coachcard – up to 1/3 off coach travel for those aged 16-26
- 18+ Student Oyster card – 30% off adult-rate travelcards and bus and tram passes in London. Also save 34% on pay-as-you-go peak fares when the card is linked with a 16-25 railcard.
London is home to some of the world’s best museums, galleries and exhibitions. Make the most of them with these offers:
- Student Art Pass – £5 for the year, offering free entry to lots of museums and galleries, as well as up to 50% off entry to exhibitions
- Tate Collective – free to sign up (for 16-25 year-olds), giving you access to £5 exhibition tickets
Alongside all that studying it’s important you give yourself some time to switch off and relax. Check out these student offers on streaming services:
- Amazon Prime – unlimited access to film and TV show streaming, plus you get free next-day delivery on Amazon orders. It’s free for six months, then £3.99 a month after that.
- Spotify Premium and Headspace – unlimited music and meditation for £5.99 a month
- Apple Music and Apple TV – unlimited music, film and TV streaming for £4.99 a month
Food and drink
Treat yourself to a meal out by making the most of these student discount schemes that offer money off food and drink:
- Gourmet Society – discounts on food, as well as film rentals, cinema and attractions
- Tastecard – £30 a year to recieve 2 for 1 meals or 50% off your bill, as well as 40% off the cost of cinema tickets. A free two-month trial is available.
Also make sure you check Student Beans, UNiDAYS and TOTUM for more discounts. Many bars and restaurants offer in-house student discounts so don’t be afraid to ask!
Your @gold.ac.uk email address and IT account can unlock:
- Box of Broadcasts – watch archived programmes recorded from UK TV channels
- Free Microsoft Office 365 – Microsoft software and cloud storage
- The New York Times – read online and via the apps for free
When you get here, make sure you check out the Greening Goldsmiths Facebook page for free items that have been found around campus, including furniture and bikes.