Accommodation complaints procedure

How you can raise issues with Goldsmiths accommodation and the process around complaints.

Primary page content

This page is for residents of Ewen Henderson Court, Loring Hall, Quantum Court and Town Hall Camberwell. Who to contact for other residences.

Accommodation Services is committed to providing an efficient, effective and courteous service to all our students and customers. We endeavour to provide this at all times but recognise that occasionally things may go wrong.

This procedure aims to provide customers who are not satisfied with the quality of our service with an easy and effective means of rectifying any problems they may have.

Our aims

  • Making a complaint is as easy as possible
  • We deal with complaints promptly, politely and in an appropriate manner
  • We will treat as a complaint any clear expression of dissatisfaction with our service, which calls for a response
  • All complaints will be treated seriously whether made in person, by telephone, by letter or by email
  • We learn from complaints and use them to improve our service

How to make a complaint

Send us the following:

  1. Your name
  2. Student number (this can be found on your ID card)
  3. Room number
  4. Contact telephone number and email address
  5. The relevant area that you wish to complain about
  6. Details of your complaint along with dates and times and any other relevant information which will assist us

Either by email to accommodation ( on in writing to Loring Management Centre, St James, New Cross, London, SE14 6AD

How we respond

We will acknowledge your complaint via letter or email within three working days, although this may take longer during college closures and bank holidays.

The manager handling your complaint will provide a written response within 15 working days from the day your complaint is received. If it is not possible to provide a full response within this time (for example if a detailed investigation is required), we will contact you advising what steps are being taken. We will also tell you when you can expect the full response and from who.

For students in nomination halls (Ewen Henderson Court, Quantum Court and Town Hall Camberwell), your complaint may need to be raised with the accommodation provider in the first instance. Where this is the case, we will let you know.

The full reply will provide information on what action is being taken as a result of your complaint and include details of who to contact next if you are not satisfied with the response you receive.

Complaints should normally be raised within three months of the events you are complaining about.

What to do if you are still not happy

We aim to resolve all complaints in the first instance; however, if you remain dissatisfied, you can contact the Deputy Head of Accommodation Services, Flora Cipullo, to request that she reviews your complaint. She will acknowledge your complaint within three working days, and a response will be sent within 15 working days.